RaceTac Release Notes
Version 2.41: February 21, 2019
- Fix for changes in NOAA websites for Chart Updates.
Version: 2.40 - January 30, 2019
- New look for main screen!
- Major update to NOAA Charts support!
- Separate 'Import Charts' menu item under 'Chart Management'.
- Import NOAA Charts directly from NOAA! No need to manually move files to your device!
- Chart search feature! Find NOAA charts by 'Cell ID', State, or description!
- Get update warnings when NOAA issues a new version of a chart, and update directly with just a tap!
- Update from the Charts Listing menu, or by tapping the Alert text in the alert dialog (Red ! at top of main screen)!
- Virtual Marks now shows an arrow pointing to your upcoming mark if it is off screen!
- Minor performance and memory use improvements.
- Option to re-init all tidal current data if corrupted due to network failures etc. See the Preferences under the Advanced options.
Version 2.31: October 12, 2018
- Enhanced! MUCH faster loading of tidal current data at startup!
Version 2.30: September 25, 2018
- NEW! Saved Tracks! Each race, from the start of the timer until finish, is saved. You can reload a past race track for analysis! Just bring up the chart pop-up dialog and tap 'Show Saved Track' and a dialog will come up with the times of the tracks available.
Version 2.22: August 29, 2018
- Fix: A case where Tidal Currents on Charts might show 'N/A' for several minutes after startup.
Version 2.21: August 20, 2018
- NEW! 'Next 2 Course Legs' option from the Chart pop-up dialog. Reduces clutter by showing only the current and next course legs on charts, instead of the entire course.
- Improved: Better dialog sizes for smaller devices.
- Improved: Lower memory use.
- Improved: Tidal Current Data populates faster. NOAA Data also uses our own web services now, not NOAAs which came down for maintenance far more often. faster, less memory, and more reliable.
- Fix: Tidal Currents would not update after a change in charts (Import or Delete) until after a restart in some cases.
Version 2.20: August 1, 2018
Previous notes: Click HERE for PDF version.
- Feature Pop-Ups! Each rev will highlight some features. Tap anywhere in the pop-up to dismiss it. It won't show again unless you reset them from the menu.
- Start Timer Adjusting! Long press the timer digits to get a dialog to increment or decrement the timer by one minute. Even while running. Good way to recover easily from a missed signal!
- Graphical Currents View! Now shows a scrollable graph of current details when you tap a current station on the chart. You can still get the text version from that pop-up.
- Fix: A case where the app would stop responding.
- Fix: 'AutoFinish' would not stop the clock if you were far from the middle of the finish line. Now stops when you cross anywhere on the line.